Visitor Information Provider/Summer Assistant – Contract Job
Candidates will require excellent interpersonal, communication and organizational skills. A positive attitude, friendly disposition and enthusiasm is ideal. Flexibility in scheduling will be expected as some evening and split shifts and weekend event coverage will be involved. Students engaged in studies involving languages, travel, tourism, leisure, business studies, marketing, management or journalism will be considered. Relevant work experience is beneficial. Experience gained in museums or information work or any commercial area (sales, marketing, retailing) can also be helpful. High comfort level with social media is required; photography and/or videography skills an asset.
• Assist with and support the marketing of events and attractions in Olds, Mountain View County and surrounding areas.
• Be fully aware and familiar with events and attractions, making recommendations to visitors and travellers regarding activities, accommodations and travel routes.
• Assist with promotional and cross-promotional activities between OI and its community partners, tourism operators and event coordinators.
• Front desk/information desk and reception coverage for OI office.
• Maintain community calendar of events and maintenance on EverythingOlds.ca website.
• Attendance at special events for social media coverage and photography/videography.
• Hours will be 37.5 per week. Flex shifts will be required for holiday coverage, evening and weekend activity attendance and front counter staffing.
Apply online via Facebook Jobs at this link: https://www.facebook.com/OldsInstitute/
or Contact us directly at: email@example.com