P2S Olds Conference Events Nov 9th & 10th
One of P2S Keynote Speakers:
Chris Turner – Author, Speaker, Thought Leader, Futurist for the New Economy
“Chris Turner is one of Canada’s leading voices on sustainability, livable cities and the global cleantech boom.”
Following his graduation with a bachelor of arts in history and a degree in journalism from Ryerson, Turner reported on culture and technology for Shift Magazine from 1998 to 2003. His writing has appeared in, The Walrus, The New Yorker, The Globe & Mail, The Independent, The Sunday Times, Time Magazine, The Guardian, Utne Reader, Adbusters and The South China Morning Post. His latest work is How To Breathe Underwater (2014), a collection of his award-winning magazine writing from the last 15 years. He is currently working on a new book for Simon & Schuster with a working title of The Patch, which will be an analysis of the importance and history of the oilsands.
Turner was the recipient of a Fleck Fellowship at the Banff Centre in 2010. In 2009 he co-founded CivicCamp in Calgary. He was featured speaker for the Deakin Innovation Lectures in Melbourne, Australia in 2008. He has given keynote addresses or lectures at thirteen university campuses, four literary festivals and approximately thirty major professional and industrial conferences nationwide. One of his most recent works include The War on Science: Muzzled Scientists and Wilful Blindness in Stephen Harper’s Canada, out in October 2013. He is also the author of The Leap (“one of the most arresting arguments for building a green economy yet in print” — Globe & Mail) and the bestsellers The Geography of Hope and Planet Simpson.
– To see more and to register, visit the P2S website at: P2S Olds Conference Events Nov 9th & 10th
- CRTC is asking how $750 million should be spent on broadband initiatives – support community driven broadband
- Humanitarian, Citizen and Youth Citizen of the Year Awards nominations now open
- Hiring STEP student position – Visitor Information Provider/Summer Assistant Contract Job
- We are hiring STEP student positions “Marketing Assistant – Contract Job”
- The #Good4_Dot Challenge – log 150 acts of good by July 1
- News: LOCALLY OWNED UTILITY COMPANY SUPPORTS EMERGENCY SHELTER WITH FUNDING
- News: OI Legacy Fund Donation to Hope 4 MVC Kids Society