Brenda Herchmer, Campus for Communities
Abstract: How to Cultivate Relationships and Accelerate Prosperity: 10 Leadership Learnings. While it is clear the pathways to economic, social, and environmental sustainability are complicated, it is also clear that relationships, networks, and webs are an essential foundation for the cross sectoral collaboration, collective impact, and systems change that will be required.This session will share ten leadership learningsgathered as the result of working with over 60 communities across the country. Inspiring stories illustrate each learning while providing practical how-to’s. More than anything the session provides a pathway for those who aren’t sure where to start in terms of implementing the community building, citizen engagement, and “meshwork” that will be essential for sustainability.
Biography: Brenda Herchmer is the Principal Collaborator and Founder of a social enterprise called Campus for Communities. Author of three books, her primary work involves speaking, training, and consulting as it relates to community building and the leadership it requires.She recently served as the director of Alberta’s provincial ACE Communities initiative and taught at Niagara College where she also founded and managed the Niagara Centre for Community Leadership. The Centre was acknowledged by the Association of Canadian Community Colleges as an “exemplary practice in community development” and was a finalist for the prestigious national Peter F. Drucker Innovation Award. Brenda is an avid blogger, and was acknowledged as a YWCA Woman of Distinction in Training and Education.
– To see more and to register, visit the P2S website at: P2S Olds Conference Events Nov 9th & 10th
- CRTC is asking how $750 million should be spent on broadband initiatives – support community driven broadband
- Humanitarian, Citizen and Youth Citizen of the Year Awards nominations now open
- Hiring STEP student position – Visitor Information Provider/Summer Assistant Contract Job
- We are hiring STEP student positions “Marketing Assistant – Contract Job”
- The #Good4_Dot Challenge – log 150 acts of good by July 1
- News: LOCALLY OWNED UTILITY COMPANY SUPPORTS EMERGENCY SHELTER WITH FUNDING
- News: OI Legacy Fund Donation to Hope 4 MVC Kids Society