“We do not wait and wonder what life would be like if opportunity presented itself. The Olds Institute empowers the community to make good things happen.”
As a non-profit community and economic development organization, The Olds Institute for Community and Regional Development is owned by the community and driven by volunteers. Also known as the Olds Institute or OI, we leverage the resources in the community, empowering volunteers to build the innovative and entrepreneurial community that Olds has become famous for.
The Olds Institute was formed in 2001 by community leaders who realized they could achieve more together than they could apart and is governed by a board of directors representing the our core members and the community at large.
The core members are the Town of Olds, Olds and District Chamber of Commerce, Olds College, Olds Regional Exhibition and Mountain View County.
We are looking for a skilled Bookkeeper to maintain our financial records, including purchases, sales, receipts, payments and grant reporting.
Bookkeeper job duties include working closely with our management team and volunteers to create and analyze financial reports and ensure legal requirements compliance, process accounts payable and receivable and manage invoices and tax payments. Our ideal candidate holds a Finance degree (preferably followed by accounting CPE courses) and is familiar with accounting software packages.
Ultimately, the Bookkeeper’s responsibilities are to accurately record all day-to-day financial transactions of our organization.
- Record day to day financial transactions and complete the posting process
- Verify that transactions are recorded in the general ledger
- Bring the books to the trial balance stage
- Perform partial checks of the posting process
- Complete tax forms and grant reports
- Enter data, maintain records and financial statements
- Process accounts receivable/payable and handle payroll in a timely manner
- Proven bookkeeping experience
- Solid understanding of basic bookkeeping and accounting payable/receivable principles
- Proven ability to calculate, post and manage accounting figures and financial records
- Data entry skills along with a knack for numbers
- Hands-on experience with spreadsheets and proprietary software
- Proficiency in English and in MS Office
- Customer service orientation and negotiation skills
- High degree of accuracy and attention to detail
- BS degree in Finance, Accounting or Business Administration
The successful candidate will act with integrity and have a strong customer service focus. They will demonstrate accuracy and communicate professionally. They will be adaptable and friendly.
- This position works approximately 10 hours per week which includes occasionally working evenings and weekends to meet reporting deadlines
- Required to travel outside of Olds on occasion.
- Deals with volunteers and numerous stakeholders.
- Light lifting on occasion to transport files and related materials
To apply for this position, please submit your résumé in confidence to firstname.lastname@example.org