Olds is widely known as the “Centre for Agriculture and Industry” and “Gateway to the Rockies,” and is located in the heart of south-central Alberta. The community’s central location contributes to the continued growth and economic stability of the community.
Video – “Welcome to Olds”
Olds is known for its commitment to sustainable growth and offers many of the amenities of larger centres including a host of schools, recreational opportunities and Olds College, one of the premier agricultural learning institutions in western Canada.
Video – “Choose Olds”
Olds is open for business as demonstrated through the vibrancy of our Uptowne business and cultural core, and the rapidly growing business development area on the west end of town that houses several of our largest employers and offers new investment opportunities for enterprise and entrepreneurial expansion.
Video – “Everything Olds”
Olds has more than 100 acres of parks, playgrounds, picnic areas and gold courses. Hiking, camping, whitewater rafting, fishing and hunting are all readily accessible. The residential areas in Olds are of a very high standard, the community is clean and safe, and its citizens take pride in this fact.
Video – “Olds Community – Leading by Example”
Video – “Mountain View County”
- Olds Economic Indicators 2015
- Olds Area Labour Force Profile 2015
- Visiting Olds – It’s Our Community 2016
- Central Alberta Economic Indicators 2015…CAEP Central Alberta Economic Partnership
- Market & Demographic Information 2015 – Town of Olds
- Report to the Community 2015 – Town of Olds
- investOlds – Energy Sector Profile
- investOlds – Agriculture Sector Profile
Doing Business in Alberta Canada