Olds is a community of citizens who value lifestyle by nurturing it through all economic and social growth.
The Community Lifestyle Committee will provide valued input and have a meaningful impact on the Olds Institute’s decisions and initiatives, resulting in positive lifestyle outcomes for our community.
- Responsible decision making today will be valued and appreciated by future citizens of Olds.
- Our Mission will create a desire to be perpetuated through commitment well into the future.
- Change is inevitable. We will embrace change as an opportunity to positively affect our community’s future.
- Our community has the potential to be recognized and respected as a leader in both community lifestyle and economic development.
- Our citizens will have the opportunity to lead a balanced lifestyle.
- We will seek first to understand, then to govern ourselves accordingly.
- We value and appreciate diversity through the participation and contribution of our citizens.
- A healthy environment will support the development of healthy citizens.
TERMS OF REFERENCE – Membership
- Our membership will suport our Vision, Mission & Shared Beliefs.
- Our membership will be dynamic, meaning open to change.
- Membership will be capped at 12 members.
- Decision making will strive for consensus.
- Community input will be sought after.
- A quorum will consist of 50% of the membership at any point int time.
- The current Olds Institute board member on our committee will be our liaison, i.e. communication link to the Board.
- The chair of our committee will attend of minimum of three Board meetings per year.
- Our commitee will conduct an annual assessment of performance.