Many physicians entering practice aren’t aware of some of the benefits of a rural practice. Some physicians assume a rural practice will leave them isolated with inadequate equipment and facilities, on-call 24 hours a day, and with a lesser quality of life. That is not the case when you choose to make Olds, Alberta your future.
We offer up-to-date medical facilities, as well as desirable living conditions for you and your family. In fact, you will find that the “good life” is definitely outside of larger urban settings, and that it’s right here in Sunny Alberta!
In Olds, you will feel, every day, the appreciation of patients who are sincerely excited with your arrival. You will experience a closeness to them unique to rural medicine. You will know what it is to drive past grazing cattle, or even a startled deer, painted hills and the breath-taking Rocky Mountains, to arrive at your office or the hospital refreshed and ready to enjoy another day.
You can relax, knowing you can take the family on a hike, or get away from it all on one of 11 golf courses in the region, or take an afternoon of native trout fishing at a moment’s notice. You will know the friendship of other young couples who, by choice, are raising children to cherish, respect and protect the beauty that is their own backyard. You will know a pace and an environment that is therapeutic for both you and your family.
In Olds, you will be able to provide the full range of services you have trained for:
- Olds Hospital & Care Centre provides acute care (31 beds), continuing care (50 beds), 24-hour emergency
- Diabetes Education
- Diagnostic Imaging (X-Ray)
- Enterostomal Therapy
- Laboratory services
- Mental Health Services
- Occupational Therapy
- Palliative Care
- Pastoral Care
- Perinatal Bereavement Program
- Physial Therapy
- Respiratory Therapy
- Speech Language Pathology
- Surgical services
- Volunteer resources
- Olds Community Health Centre provides community care, public health, and rehabilitation programs and services.
- Olds Mental Health Centre offers services to children, adults and seniors across the region. These services can include Brain Injury Rehabilitation, Crisis Response, Disordered Eating Program, Forensic Mental Health, and Telemental Health.
- There are other medical clinics and services provided in Olds including optometrists, massage therapists, chiropractors, foot therapists, dentists and denturists, physical therapists and sports rehabilitation, among others.
- The community itself is intimately involved in its health care. Thanks to three local automobile dealerships, the Olds Hospital and Care Centre will be replacing approximately 40 beds through a dream home raffle in 2008.
If you have any questions, please e-mail Physicians Attraction Chair Mel Giles, or call the OI Office at 403-586-4000.