On Sunday January 31st at the Mayfair Cinema in Uptown Olds, members of the community gathered to watch a documentary about Cyber-Seniors. This documentary tells the story of a group of high-school students who mentored seniors on how to use computers. The Olds Connected Community Committee from the Olds Institute brought the concept to Olds and matched up Olds High Schools students with seniors in town.
After the documentary showing, the seniors and their student mentors met at the Olds Municipal Library to celebrate the project and the bonds they formed during the mentoring.
We spoke with Darlene a senior who took part in the project. Olivia and Emily were mentors to seniors. According to Tane Skotheim, the Interact Club advisor from Olds High School, the project was a great success.
- OI Full-time Position: Director of First Impressions
- OI Contract Position: Bookkeeper
- CRTC is asking how $750 million should be spent on broadband initiatives – support community driven broadband
- Humanitarian, Citizen and Youth Citizen of the Year Awards nominations now open
- The #Good4_Dot Challenge – log 150 acts of good by July 1
- News: LOCALLY OWNED UTILITY COMPANY SUPPORTS EMERGENCY SHELTER WITH FUNDING
- News: OI Legacy Fund Donation to Hope 4 MVC Kids Society